Thursday, October 18, 2012

Butter Caper Beer Chicken Recipe

Pin It
Don't you just LOVE new recipes? We are so glad that Casey decided to share such a fun Chicken Recipe with us... We hope you enjoy it as much as we have enjoyed reading it!! Casye gives us such a fantastic introduction of herself and in that it reminds us that we can start running TODAY and be able to accomplish things we never thought possible. Thanks for Guest Posting for us, Casey
--------------------
Butter Caper Beer Chicken Recipe by Casey, ProjectGirlGetFit.com
Hey guys! I'm so excited to be guest posting for the sisters while they get to spend some girl bonding time together with their mom! Before we get to that, how about a little introduction though....


My name is Casey and I blog over at Project Girl Get Fit. I'm a 26 year old Chicago native and am working on my masters degree in social work. I have two younger sisters that I absolutely adore (which is one of the reasons that I love Naturally Fit Sisters' blog so much!) and I love spending time with my massive family.

Part of the family at a birthday party weekend earlier this summer...

I'm a bit of a workout junkie and split my time between working with my personal trainer, going to CrossFit, dancing, and running as many races as possible. Add in trying new activities at every opportunity and it's safe to say that I never need too much persuasion to go get a good workout in! So far this summer, I've run in 7 races this summer and have at least 7 more on the books before the end of the year. The craziest part is that I just started running in February of this year!

Dan and I at the end of the Color Run

Anyway, so I love to eat, but kind of hate to cook. I think I'd like it if I took the time to really learn how, but with school and work and well.... life, I never really have the time. So it ends up being that I cook to feed myself instead of because I truly enjoy it. One of my favorite summer recipes is Chicken Piccata. The lemon caper sauce gets me every time and it is my oh my delicious! But I started experimenting with cooking a little bit this summer and finally landed on a slightly different version that is just as tasty!

What you'll need:
2 Chicken Breasts
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 Tbsp Grapeseed Oil
Butter Caper Beer Sauce:

1 Tbsp Grapeseed Oil
1 Tbsp Shallots, diced
1 cup Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy Beer
1 Tbsp Capers
1 Tbsp Butter

To make the chicken, either throw it on the grill or coat a skillet with 1 Tbsp Grapeseed Oil and sauté the chicken until tender, but fully cooked. Place the chicken on a dinner plate and set to the side. To make the sauce, add 1 Tbsp Grapeseed Oil to the skillet. Add the shallots and sauté for about a minute or so. Remove from the heat and carefully add the beer (be careful not to splash the oil out onto yourself! Oil burns are THE WORST!). Put the skillet back on stove and simmer to reduce the mixture. You want to reduce the liquid by about 75% or so. Add the capers and butter and stir to melt the butter. Making the sauce shouldn't take very long at all, so the chicken will still be hot. Pour the Butter Caper Beer sauce over the chicken and enjoy!

I like pairing it with some kind of pasta, like orzo or angel hair, or some steamed veggies, like asparagus. Yum!


I hope you all enjoy this yummy recipe! I’d love to hear what you think if you decide to try it out, so come let me know either on my blog or on my facebook page!
Pin It