Monday, September 3, 2012

Recipe & Menu of the Week

Pin It
I finally did something that I have been wanting to do for a long time...
I made a menu for my house! 
I am so excited to stick to this menu....I made a menu for the next three weeks, and can't wait to see how this works out! 
I am really hoping that this will help my husband and me with our budget, so that we don't have to continually go to the grocery store.  We went to Sam's for major bulk items yesterday. Then I sat down and wrote out a three week menu (and organized some of my recipe cards), and then we went to Wal-Mart to buy other smaller items to finish off each recipe. 
I really feel like this is going to be great! 


Here are a few tips that I think can be helpful when planning out meals for your family 
-Write it down in a notebook
-Put the meal and the ingredients below it
-Then underline any ingredients that are not in your kitchen
-After making the menu come back to all underlined items and make a grocery list from that
-Remember to add sides to your menu, not just a main dish
-Stick to your menu, and let your family know not to just eat anything 
-It may help some to organize items with what it will be cooked with and separate it from regular pantry so that it will not randomly get used before it is time 

Now I am going to share one of my favorite recipes with you! 
Brittany's Creamy Chicken
Prep Time: 15minutes Cook Time: 45 minutes  Temp: 375  

-9x13 inch pan
-4 chicken breasts (thawed)
-1 lg cream of chicken soup
-1 carton of sour cream
-2 sleeves of ritz crackers
-1/2 stick of butter

Chop chicken breasts into cubes, then toss them into a large bowl. Add the lg can of cream of chicken soup, and 3/4 the carton of sour cream. Mix all together. Pour mixture into the 9x13 inch pan, and put it in the oven to bake for 30 minutes. While cooking, crumble the crackers up into little pieces.  Melt butter and mix the crumbs and butter together in a bowl.  After the dish has baked for 30 minutes, take it out and spread the cracker/butter mixture evenly over the top.  Cook for 10-15 more minutes.  
Serve over rice

This is one of my families favorite meals, and it is so easy to make, and a great thing to make for a lot of people.  I hope you enjoy it! 

**Also I would love to hear any tips that you have learned in making your own family menu**

-Little Sis


Pin It