Thursday, December 8, 2011

Honey Wheat Bread

Pin It

While in California for Thanksgiving, I got the opportunity to cook the entire Thanksgiving dinner with my sister! It was so much fun! We got in the kitchen around 7 or 8 am and stayed in there probably until about the same time that night. But it worked out wonderfully!



These are the stuffed mushrooms that I made

These are the stuffed mushrooms and stuffed jalepanos that we made.


We thought it would be fun to do an early time of appetizers, then have an early Thanksgiving dinner. It was fun to cook for both.

For the real dinner this was our spread!

First we had stuffing, homemade cranberry sauce, homemade gravy, ham.

We also made green bean casserole, rolls, mac-n-cheese, and the turkey.

We also made homemade mash-potatoes.

And of course some deviled eggs.

To complete the meal we made pumpking-chocolate chip bread, a pumpkin roll, and a pumpkin cheese cake.

This was my first pumpkin roll! So proud!


And now that I am back home, I am wanting to cook so much more. I just hate that I don't have all the time in the world to be home and do the things I desire. I cannot wait to be a stay-at-home mom, just because of things like this.

I have decided though, that I will begin making honey wheat bread....which is one of my favorite kinds. I want to get it down to a T, so that I can make it as our normal everyday use kind of bread.

This was my first batch, I didn't take a pic of the final product because it didn't look as great as I wanted, but everyone seems to like it. Yesterday the boys ate it as toast for breakfast. I know I can make it better though, so if you have a great recipe or tips please share!

This first batch was also made all by hand, I'm pretty sure I am getting a mixer for Christmas, and I cannot wait. That is the one thing I have never had and didn't get when I got married!

Please share your ideas!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment