Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Discipleship....??

Pin It
So last night I started ATTENDING a Discipleship group!
You notice I said attending....NOT leading! Thank the Lord! :-) Literally
This is something that I have been praying for, for a while now.
Although I enjoy leading in the college ministry and love seeing the fruits of discipling girls and leading girls, it has been hard as the leader, because for a while now I haven't had anyone pouring in to me.
I do have a lot of close friends that I walk with,
and I do get poured into by our college ministers through leadership stuff,
and I have been walking with a close friend through accountability, which is wonderful and something I need,
BUT THIS IS DIFFERENT!
This is an older, wiser woman pouring into me!
And what's even better....she is married!
Thank you Jesus that is an answered prayer!
Since i have been married I have not walked with anyone who is married!
And it gets hard...
Although I am surrounded by wonderful girls who love the Lord and are so encouraging and uplifting...and I wouldn't change that for anything....it is hard that none of my friends are married, and so I can't "GO THERE" in conversation.
Or they can't necessarily, truly keep me accountable through marriage stuff!
So I am so excited to have someone showing me and teaching me what it really looks like to walk beside my husband as a godly wife who loves and supports him.
Someone who will keep me accountable as I walk away from "having to be in control..." and trusting my husband and honoring him in his decisions :-)
I am truly so thankful that the Lord has given this to me...and cannot wait to go deeper with it!

To the people walking with me in this...THANK YOU!
To the girls I daily walk with, I love you dearly and would not change our friendships for anything....but one day you will understand how important this is!
To Jesus! Thank you so much for hearing my cries as I told you I needed this and through me getting so frustrated this summer, and sounding so selfish as I asked you why I had no one! Thank you for answering my prayers even when I was so dishonoring to you!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment