Thursday, March 24, 2011

Heaven is FOR REAL!

Pin It There's one thing you should know about me....I enjoy reading a lot, but I have never been a fast reader. It's not that I have trouble reading, I just do it slowly, and a lot of times books that I read I need to take my time and process what I am reading as I go....
Well recently my friends have not been able to stop referring to the book "Heaven is For Real" by Todd Burpo. So finally after our Spring Break Trip I went to the store and bought it. I started reading it around 10:30pm on Friday night and was done with the book on Tuesday morning....plus my dad had been visiting all weekend so I only really read at night! The book was so good I could not put it down.
The book is written by the father of a little boy who while he had an appendicitis went to heaven for a little while, experienced the glory of the kingdom, and then gradually over several years process told his family about it. You may be thinking..."ya right, I don't believe that stuff..." Well let me just say this was a 3 year old boy! Do you really think a 3 year old could make these things up? Even the dad wondered if the boy was making it up, there were multiple things he said that there was no way he could've known from his three years of life.
For example he mentioned to his parents that he has another sister. At first they didn't know what he meant, then he said the one that died, and it hit his mom! He was talking about that child that she miscarried! He talked about how Jesus had adopted her and how he got to see her and she said she couldn't wait for all her family to get to heaven! That is something that he could never have known unless he truly experienced heaven!!

Well my favorite part of the book was this:
They were talking about the throne room of God and where God and Jesus sat, and the father asked the son,
"Where did you sit Colton?"
"They brought in a little chair for me," he said, smiling. "I sat by God the Holy Spirit. Did you know that God is three persons, Dad?"
"Yeah, I think I know that one," I said and smiled.
"I was sitting by God the Holy Spirit because I was praying for you. You needed the Holy Spirit, so I prayed for you."
This took my breath way.

Anyways, this may seem like a random favorite part, but it struck me so solidly! I realized the Lord has been blessing me with experiencing his Holy Spirit and encountering his presence through Holy Spirit, and I need to honor Holy Spirit more. After reading this I began to ask God to show me how to love Holy Spirit like I love God! This may sound funny since the Bible says the trinity is the Father, the Son, & the Holy Spirit, but to me Holy Spirit is something God has and gives, in my mind I don't see Holy Spirit as part of who God is! So I have begun praying that God will show me that he is the Holy Spirit! And begin to teach me to love Holy Spirit as part of God, and appreciate that and honor him!

Anyways, I encourage you to read the book! It will stir up your faith and encourage you!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Want To Increase Your ClickBank Banner Commissions And Traffic?

    Bannerizer made it easy for you to promote ClickBank products with banners, simply visit Bannerizer, and get the banner codes for your favorite ClickBank products or use the Universal ClickBank Banner Rotator to promote all of the ClickBank products.

    ReplyDelete